Mokuyokai Monthly Activities and Special Events
Donwakai 5:30 pm
Donwakai @ St. Regis Bar & Grill
Jul 17 @ 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Join us for the Donwakai! The Donwakai is Mokuyokai’s monthly pub night of networking, laughter and fun that brings together those who have a shared interest in Japan-Canada relations. At the Donwakai, you will meet approximately 80 people who have a strong connection to Japan: teachers, travellers, students, business people and others from Canada, Japan and[...]
Hike to Garlibaldi Lake 9:00 am
Hike to Garlibaldi Lake @ Garibaldi Lake
Jul 27 @ 9:00 am – 6:30 pm
Dear Mokuyokai Members and Friends, We are hiking to one of BC’s most beautiful lakes – Garibaldi! This is one of the best hikes in the area. Please note that it is a long hike (18km return) and you must rsvp to attend. Hike Description: “With turquoise colored water nestled between alpine mountains and a[...]
The Vancouver Mokuyokai Society is a dynamic organization, and as such our activities are constantly growing and evolving with the times.
Donwakai is our monthly pub night held the third Thursday of every month. It is a great opportunity to meet others who have a shared interest in Japan-Canada relations and to learn more about the Mokuyokai. Donwakai is our most popular regular event, with more than 100 people attending every month.
Join us for an evening of laughter, socializing and networking! We look forward to seeing you. RSVPs are not required and feel free to bring a guest.
When: Third Thursday of every month (5:30-9pm)
Where: St. Regis Bar & Grill – 608 Dunsmuir Street, Vancouver (corner of Seymour & Dunsmuir) Map >>
Enter on Dunsmuir Street, through the entrance near the alley, under the awning that reads “St. Regis Bar & Grill”
We are downstairs in the Private Regis Room
Cost: Non-Members: $5 Members: Free
RSVP: Not required!
• As this is a licensed bar, Government Issued Photo ID is required for entry.
• All attendees must pay for their own drinks. There is a small charge of $5.00/person for non-members as a contribution towards snacks.
• For more info Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Vancouver Mokuyokai Society hikes approximately once a month. In addition to enjoying the beautiful scenery that BC offers, it is an opportunity to meet others. The summer hikes tend to be longer and more challenging than the winter ones. We also go snowshoeing in the winter.
The hike is usually on the 3rd or 4th weekend of every month.
• There is no hiking fee for members. The cost for non-members is $10. We usually car-pool to the hike location, and there is a small fee to cover the cost of gas that is paid to the drivers. This cost is dependant on distance and is usually between $7-$10.
• The hikes are of varying degrees of difficulties, and it is the responsibility of the participants to verify that they have the appropriate fitness level and equipment to complete the hike safely.
• The hike captain will be happy to provide information about the hike and the requirements for it. The hike captain has the option to refuse participation to those that they feel are not properly equipped to complete the hike safely.
• Adventure Smart (http://www.adventuresmart.ca/land/hiking.htm) has recommendations for what to bring on a hike.
The Dinnerkai is generally held every second month. DinnerKai is a fun social event where we try different Japanese restaurants that serve quality food but not at outrageous prices.
We usually hold the Dinnerkai at Japanese restaurants but we might try other cuisines as well and members are encouraged to submit restaurant ideas. The number of participants is limited so please RSVP early!
For more info Email: email@example.com
The Vancouver Mokuyokai Society is a dynamic organization, and our activities are constantly growing and evolving. In addition to our monthly events we have several larger, often seasonal events throughout the year. Some activities include:
• Ohanami (cherry blossom viewing)
• Summer BBQ
• Bonenkai (year end party)
• Volunteer Appreciation party
• Cultural Events
We also cooperate with other organizations in Vancouver. Some of these events are:
• Powell Street Festival
• Sakura Days Japan Fair
Many of these events attract large numbers of the public. We are always looking for enthusiastic volunteers to assist with these events. If you are interested in getting involved, please contact the Special Events Committee at: firstname.lastname@example.org